Friday, February 29, 2008

Feb. 29- NICU brag





Pictures:
Mommy and Hays Having snuggle time
Will getting a tan
The doors to the boys' rooms decorated by their amazing nurses
Today was a pretty good day. Hays is still on the c-pap, but he's doing great- no more apnea. And I got to hold him today thank goodness. It was hard not to get in my snuggle time yesterday! And Matt finally got to hold him for the first time tonight!!!! Of course we didn't have our camera, but I borrowed one from the NICU and hopefully I'll be able to post those soon. Hays and his Daddy looked awfully cute together!
Will is still on the vent (boo!!!). They decided not to try to extubate him today because he has a lot of secretions in his lungs and they didn't think he'd do well off the vent. They started him on steroids today to dry all that junk up, and they're planning to try again Sunday. I think it gave him baby 'roid rage because he was pissed tonight!!! He was pitching a fit, which I've never seen him do. And let me tell you, it's awfully hard to watch your baby cry when you can't hear him crying. Then you start worrying about what if he's crying and crying and no one knows it. Now, I know rationally that this doesn't happen because his nurses are awesome and watch him like a hawk.
And on that note, I just have to take a second to brag on the NICU. That place is AMAZING!!! The facility is awesome- each baby has their own room and my guys have a "suite" with a door that connects them. But the staff is beyond wonderful. If God puts angels on earth, they are NICU nurses. These women are the most loving, caring, gentle people I have ever encountered. They decorate all the babies doors with pictures, their names, all sorts of cute stuff. Will's name is spelled out on puppy dogs because he has a stuffed puppy that Mason gave him. Hays' name is done in polar bears because his animal is a little white bear. They take excellent care of my boys and I feel so confident knowing that I am leaving them in the most capable hands. And they truly love these babies. If I ever win the lottery, I am going to send these ladies on the most fabulous tropical vacation because there is no one who deserves it more. I hope that no one I know ever has to experience the NICU themselves, but if they do I hope it's as good as St. Marys.

No comments: