Thursday, September 3, 2009


Night night, Hays


Cheeky monkey



My boy



Hays is studying something intently



Escape!!!!!!




Sweet Will



Hays on the tractor



Hays in the sunshine



Will says "Check me out, I can walk!!!!"


Sweet Hays




Poor Mason had a meltdown at school Wednesday. I went to eat lunch with him and he was sooo excited. He was introducing me to all of his friends and everything was great until it was time for me to leave. I saw that he was struggling not to cry, and I hugged him and told him I'd see him in a couple of hours and handed him off to the teacher. Well, he apparently lost it after I left. His teacher had to call me during her planning period to tell me that he just broke down crying, yelling that he was mad at me for leaving. He tried to make a break for it when the class went out to recess, but they caught him and had to carry him back, kicking and screaming! He eventually calmed down, and the rest of the day was fine (he even got his sticker!). I think that it was just too much for him. He's fine when he's away from me, but when I'm just there for a little while and have to leave again, that's just more than he can handle! We'll try it again sometime, but not too soon!

The rest of his week was fine. He got his progress report on Friday and he's meeting standards on all the grade level stuff. He did get a "needs improvement" in the self-control section, but that doesn't really come as a surprise! At least he's doing well everywhere else. We introduced him to the Disney classic, "The Lion King" on family movie night. He loved it, and now he's ready for Animal Kingdom at Disney World! He was confused about how the lion, Scar was Simba's uncle. I explained to him that Scar was Mufasa'a brother. He looked confused and said, "But Scar is bad, brothers have to be good." How sweet my wonderful boy is.

And I think we can say that we have a walker on our hands- Will now walks more than he crawls, so I am proclaiming him an official walker!!!! Hays is doing two or three steps at a time, so he's not too far behind, but he's also not quite as determined to do it as Will. But I am really amazed at how big they're getting. Their favorite toys right now are books, particularly Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, a red hand puppet that I put on a fabulous puppet show with, trucks, especially Mason's old trucks that have buttons to push for lights and sound, their climbing castle, the phone and the remote, laundry baskets, the clock radio, and whatever they can pull out of the kitchen cabinets. They both wave bye-bye and Hays says it. They know several animal sounds, several body parts, and they are both currently fascinated by their bellybuttons. They are into everything all the time. They understand the word "no"- they just grin at you and ignore you. So they're growing up, and growing up fast. This is an exhausting age, but it's so much fun. I love watching their little personalities develop, marveling at their sense of humor, and seeing how incredibly sweet they can be together.











No comments: