Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's 9:00 and the twins are still asleep. This is unheard of, and while I'm enjoying the quiet time, I'd prefer that they do their epic sleeping on the weekend. I think that they're making up for their 2 am shenanigans. Poor Will is coughing his brains out (this happens every spring) and some of his coughing fits are waking him up at night. That's what happened last night around 2:30. Normally Hays sleeps through it, but this time he woke up and couldn't find Stinky, his stuffed monkey. So Will's hacking up a lung and Hays is crying "Tinky...my Tinky..." in the most pitiful voice. Those lucky ducks are getting to sleep in, but not mommy!
I'm all kinds of gimpy and pitiful because I managed to almost break my toe in the driveway yesterday. I was walking down our rather steep driveway and slipped on a fallen petal from our Japanese magnolia. I pitched forward and caught myself before I fell, but managed to jam my toe so badly that I could barely walk! Is that a dorky injury or what? I had to call mAtt and say "Come home and help me, I'm hurt!" Luckily this happened around quarter to five, so he was able to home pretty quickly and save the day. I had to sit and ice my foot for an hour or so because it hurt too bad to stand on it! It's better today, but it's several lovely shades of purple, black and blue!
Mason has his very first soccer game tonight. He's excited even though he told me this morning, "Mom, I have no idea what I'm doing." I told him, "Don't worry about it, buddy. None of the other kids do either!" I'm sure it's going to be comical, but that's okay, we're not trying to train the next David Beckham here. He's going to have a heck of a cheering section. Matt and I will be there with the twins, my mom's coming and so are Matt's parents. Honestly, we'll probably need that many people just to keep the twins entertained so they don't try to join the game!

No comments: