Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mason!!


Yaya helping Hays try out the slip-n-slide


The "surfboard" and "beach umbrella" cupcakes!



birthday boy!!!!




Make a wish......





Oh boy, presents!!!!!!!


"Guess what?" "Chicken Butt!"







Mmmmm.......Sno-cone...............






In the giant inflatable pool








At war with the water guns
We have a five year old!!!!!! Mason officially turned five on Thursday. It was a pretty great day for Mason. He started the day off with a present from Mom and Dad- a remote control car. Then he had bible school, where everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him, followed by a playdate with our friends (long live the Three Martini Playdate!!) and dinner at Cracker Barrel (his favorite).
The real celebration was on Saturday. We had an awesome water party at YaYa and Grandaddy's house, since our backyard is all rocks and dirt, and that makes the slip-n-slide mighty painful. We had about ten kids there and I think they all had a big time. The little girls weren't so crazy about the water guns, but they all had fun with the water balloons. My beachy cupcakes were a hit and I thought they turned out cute. He got lots of nice presents and I think he had a ball. We were all wiped out when it was over and the babies too a pretty long afternoon nap.
They've actually been napping like crazy today. The took a three hour morning nap, which is unheard of for them. After they got up, we went over to the pool in my mom's neighborhood for a couple of hours, then they came home and took another hour and a half nap. It was amazing, but I sure wasn't complaining! They stayed up a little later because of it, but that was nice. They're normally in bed by the time we eat dinner because they're normally such crappy nappers, but tonight we all got to eat dinner together and that was nice. It's fun to sit around the table with all these goofy guys. The twins are the biggest mess you've ever seen because they were eating ravioli with tomato sauce, and Matt and Mason were cutting up. Mason's gotten into that stupid thing:
"Guess what?"
"What?"
"Chicken Butt!"
Thanks to a birthday gift from Aunt Ninny (thank you Aunt Ninny) he's been doing it all day, and he and Matt were doing it all through dinner. I swear Matt's as much a little boy as they are! But I love guys, always have. I always had a lot more guy friends than girl friends growing up because I just thought guys were so funny to be around, and now I'm surrounded by them! Today Mason said, "hey Mom, look what I can do. I can show the number one with a different finger!" Guess which finger he was using? Yup, THE finger. Yup, I got flipped off by my innocent little kindergartner. I fought laughter the whole time I explained that that means something ugly to grownups, so we probably shouldn't show the number one with that particular finger!








No comments: