Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy father's day to all you dads out there! We had a pretty nice day around here. Matt got his present earlier in the week. I got him a new grill because we were in desperate need of one. We'd had our old one since we moved to Athens eight years ago, so it was pretty well shot. I got him a decent one at Sears and had them assemble it, so Matt's dad picked it up in his truck when he came out to visit earlier in the week. We've already used it a couple of times, and it's great. We're looking forward to trying out some new recipes on it this summer.

Today we wanted to do something fun, but it's so darn hot outside that our options were kind of limited. My mom volunteered to stay with the twins so we could take Mason to the movies. We went to see Up and we all really enjoyed it. It was in 3D and the animation was amazing. It was a really sweet story, and it was visually stunning. It was actually my first time going to the movies with Mason. He's been to several, but I've always stayed home with the babies. After the movie we went out to lunch and it was so nice to get to have a special afternoon with just our big guy.

Earlier in the week, Mason had his first sleepover at Nana's house. He's spent the night a few times at my parent's house when Matt and I had to be out of town, but this was the first time at Nana's. He did great and he had a ball, but it was weird not having him home. I was glad he was having a good time, but I was also glad to have him in his own bed the next night!

No comments: