Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Did y'all think I abandoned you? Sorry, but things have been CRAZY around here. So, I'm not sure if I mentioned a while back that I made some tutus for my girlfriends' kids that were quite glam. Well, they turned out so darn cute that I decided to try to make a few bucks off of them. So the past week or two has been spent trying to get the tutu business off the ground while simultaneously doing all the 10,000 things that mommies do to make Christmas happen.
I need everyone to say a prayer for my fledgling tutu empire. My cousin's daughter, Charlotte, was wearing her very glam tutu in Brooklyn, and a store owner was taken with it. She's looking for someone to make tutus and hairbows (oh yeah, I'm also hawking hairbows) for her store, so my cousin, Jane, told her about me! I spoke to the store owner, and hopefully she'll place an order after the holidays!!!! It may come to nothing, but I was very proud that someone liked my tutus enough to want to sell them! But y'all keep your fingers crossed that it happens.
For now, we're trying to get our website up and running. It's still in the very early, VERY rough stages, but you can check it out and see what I'm making. Come see me at www.thetutuzoo.com and order a fabulous custom tutu or hairbow (once we get our order page up!!)

No comments: