Saturday, December 25, 2010

What a Holly, Jolly Christmas!!!

I think Santa's getting ready......




One of my fancy snowflake ornaments that I made this year.

Boy toys galore!!


The twins' haul- not bad, not bad at all.

All is calm, all is bright




Just what I wanted!!!!


Will's feeding his new baby a bottle after a ride in the doll stroller!


Merry Christmas, everybody!!!! I'm sitting here watching it SNOW- in Georgia, ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! That is totally unheard of- hasn't happened in a hundred years. And yet, big fat snowflakes are falling outside the window, capping off what may have been a perfect Christmas. The boys got a pile of cool stuff from Santa and great stuff from the assorted grandparents/aunts/uncles, so they were happy as pigs in mud all day.
Matt got some cool stuff. He'd already gotten his big surprise from me a couple of weeks ago when I took him to see Cirque Du Soliel, so he got smaller stuff today, but it was pretty great stuff. I, on the other hand, got FAAAABULOUS stuff. Seriously, I was the Christmas queen this year. Tickets to go see West Side Story, my favorite musical of all time, from my FIL, a huge, expensive, gorgeous, fancy-girl pocketbook from my MIL, a sparkly ring from Matt, and my parents I got this awesome painting of a cow that I've been coveting. It's like, the sweetest cow face you've ever seen. So me, the cheapest girl in the world, got theatre tickets, art, jewelry, and a designer purse! Damn, I feel fancy, kind of like Cinderella- thanks Fairy God-parents!!!! (Hopefully it won't all turn into pumpkins at midnight!)

And as if the fanciness wasn't enough, my sister gave me and my mom and my youngest sister possibly the Best. Gift. Ever.- a girl's weekend at a cabin in the mountains! She's already booked it!! How cool is that? A whole weekend's break from the nuthouse, hanging out with my very best girls? My sister rocks.

And now it's snowing. Seriously- could it get any better? I hope all of you had an amazing Christmas. I hope you felt as lucky and blessed as we did. And I hope that your kids got quieter toys than ours did. My mother bought them little plastic recorders- they're louder than a whistle. Thanks, mom......



PS. Hays celebrated Christmas with us, even though he's woefully underrepresented in the picture department. Not only did he get lots of toys, he got a fever as well : ( So he was slightly pitiful all day- but overall, it was a pretty darn good sick day!

No comments: