Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tater

I've been thinking for a while that my family needs a new baby. My boys are getting big, and we are experiencing a major lack of cute, squishy babies. Problem is, I don't want a baby, don't have room for a baby, and couldn't afford a baby even if I did want one. Luckily, my sister did want a baby, has room for a baby, and can even afford one! So......... MY SISTER IS HAVING A BABY!!!!! I am so ridiculously excited. I'm going to be an aunt, and we're finally going to get another sweet, precious, adorable baby around these parts!! Yahooo!!!!

And let me tell you, this is one lucky baby- it's getting a kick-ass set of parents. Elizabeth has spent her whole life doing everything I do, only better. And motherhood is going to be no exception. She is going to be amazing. She is already one of the best teachers I have ever known- she's a thousand times better at it than I ever was. She is so dedicated and so committed to those kids. And she didn't even give birth to any of them, so imagine how great she's going to be with the one that she did! And Michael, my brother-in-law, is going to be a great dad. He'll make sure that this kid is fluent in sarcasm and dry wit by its first birthday. Hell, it will probably learn to roll its eyes before it learns to roll over!

We are so excited for them, and we're so anxious to meet this wonderful little person (currently being referred to as "Tater") that's joining our family. And now I can pass on the maternity clothes, and sit back and watch them leap onto the roller coaster ride that is parenthood. And in those early, sleepless, exhausting days, I will give my sister advice and reassurance, and then I will laugh my butt off as I head off to bed for a full night's sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, Cam. For a minute there you had me worried with the "me want baby" talk! Let your sister take care of that, fo' sho! Maybe you'll get really lucky and she'll have a girl for you to spoil with tutus and bows:) K.W.