Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Reason To Live

Sandcastles

Mason's beach buds



Windblown Will and Yaya

The men-folk



They say Disney World is the happiest place on Earth- I'm not convinced.




I'm making our beach reservation today!!!!! We don't go until July, but I always make our reservation in February. I do it for a couple of reasons. First, we want to make sure we get the condo that we like. We stayed in an awesome place last year, and we want first dibs on it this year. Second, it gives me something to look forward to for the next five months. Even though it's dreary and rainy and cold, the beach is on the calendar, and that gives me a reason to live!!

I love the beach so much. Somebody told me the other day "I could never go to the Georgia Coast. The water is brown!" Well, yeah, okay. It's true that the water itself is not likely to win a beauty contest, but who cares? I don't go in the ocean above my knees anyway. Stuff lives in the ocean. Big, scary stuff. So I'm not really worried about the water. But the beach is glorious. Sure the sand is kind of brown, but the shoreline isn't covered with giant, high-rise hotels either. And the town- don't even get me started. If you can find a more charming beach town than St. Simons, I don't even want to hear about it. And even if there was a town that had more charm, it wouldn't have The Crab Trap, and that alone makes a trip to St. Simons worthwhile.

There is one downside to this years' trip- Elizabeth and Michael won't be there. Their stinkin' baby is due two weeks later, so no traveling for Elizabeth. Boo! Darn you, Tater!!! Way to mess up the vacation plans! I will REALLY miss my quality time with my sister- and our trips to Winn Dixie.

I just hope that the kids have as good a time as they did last year. They had so much fun, and they were really good. It was soooooooo much easier than the year before. It actually almost felt like a vacation! So I have high hopes for Beach Trip '11- and those high hopes will keep me going between now and July!!

No comments: