Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday and Such






























We celebrated the twins' third birthday today. When Mason turned three, I did a big party with lots of kids. We borrowed a bouncy house and we got one of the local firefighters to bring the firetruck to our house. It was super cool, and we have these great pictures of the kids on the firetruck- I mean it was one cool party for a three year old. So what did I do for the twins' big three? Ummm, bought a plastic Cars tablecloth, and Cars plates. Shoot, I even went all out and sprang for the Lightening McQueen happy birthday banner, and that set me back almost $4!

So yeah, not quite as much effort was put forth for their third birthday. And I was kind of feeling bad about that. I mean, I did put some effort in. I made their birthday cake- and it definitely ranked up there as one of the best I've done. But still, no firetruck, no bouncy house, no kids..... So I thought I might be setting myself up for some major resentment down the road when the twins realized that they'd gotten the short end of the birthday party stick.
But honestly, the party itself changed my mind. Because, while it admittedly wasn't as elaborate as Mason's, it was awesome. We had so many people here to celebrate my wonderful boys that we couldn't even fit them all inside! We had to move the party out back to have enough room for this big, wonderful family that was just surrounding my boys with love. And I looked at all those people that love them enough to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon celebrating their very existence, and I thought, "My god, they're lucky." They are cherished, and what could be better than that? Who needs the firetruck - we've got family.
So I don't think my guys got shafted after all. I think they had a wonderful birthday party, and I hope that as they grow older, they can look back at the pictures of this day and know just how lucky and loved they are.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

oh Camron I can not believe how great the boys look and they are 3 I cried looking at their pictures, makes me miss my little one so much but makes me so proud of how great they are doing--Jess