Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween Madness

It's finally starting to feel like fall!! I was so excited that we actually have had to wear jackets the last two days. Pretty big news when you consider that it was 90* on Monday. And not only are the temperatures finally October appropriate, Halloween is just over a week away!! I've been bustin' out my crafty mojo like a madwoman to get ready for it. Holidays= craftapalooza for me. I went to Michaels today and got so excited at all the Thanksgiving and Christmas craft possibilities that I literally had to tell myself, "Walk away, Cameron, walk away. It's not even Halloween yet."

So here's what I've been up to over the past couple of weeks. First, pumpkin painting!!! I bought way more pumpkins than my hand can stand to carve, so I figured I'd paint most of them. That way I can still have cool decorations without them turning into moldy mushballs in three days time. We'll still carve the backs of two or three of them just before the big day. But honestly, they look so cool, I'm not sure I'll have the heart to cut into them!!


Awesome spooky crow on a white pumpkin


 Ugly old witch


 My absolute favorite- the glitter skull. He's sooo
much cooler in person.



Fancy pants (and slightly off-center) monogram


 We're batty!!



 Glitzy, spider webby, fishnet stocking-looking mini pumpkin



 This one probably would have turned out better if I hadn't used those
round garage sale price stickers as painters tape. Ah well, live and learn.


 Front door decor


I totally snagged the idea for this wreath off of Pinterest.



I decked out all the window boxes with the Dollar Tree's spooky best. What can I say, crafty and CHEAP!!!








You may wonder if I did anything inside. Short answer, no. I mean, I've got a witch silhouette on the playroom window, and Frankenstein is coming out of the hallway mirror, but nothing else would be safe from grabby little twin hands. So I confined interior decorating to things they couldn't reach. Which amounts to......this





But the most fabulous creation has to be the headpiece for Hays's werewolf costume. He's going to be a werewolf and Will's going to be a zombie (remember, they're obsessed with Thriller) I couldn't find a werewolf head small enough to fit him, so I found a tutorial and made one. And it's AWESOME!!! He loves it. All we need are fake fur gloves, and this werewolf is ready!

No comments: