Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Fun Photo Extravaganza

Holy cow, was last week busy. That's why I never got around to posting, even though I had lots to share. So here's the last week in pictures. The first few are from our pumpkin carving party last Sunday. It was great- friends, family, food and fun. All the best things in life! We carved pumpkin masterpieces, ate lots of food, and successfully roasted marshmallows without a single kid falling in the fire, or stabbing someone with a toasting fork!!












The next day was Halloween. I'm sure most families with three year olds had them adorably dressed. I saw lots of pictures of sweetly costumed preschoolers that made me say, "awwwwwww." I, however, had a zombie and a werewolf. Thanks, Thriller. I tried to embrace the theme and convince Mason to dress as Michael Jackson, but he wasn't having it. So my mom and I took a zombie, a werewolf and a ninja trick-or-treating, and whoa, baby was that an experience! It was the first time for the little guys, and they LOVED it. It took a while for them to get the hang of it. The first few houses, Will tried to go inside, and he blew out the candles in several people's jack-o-lanterns. But by the 5th or 6th house, he had it figured out and there was no stopping him. They didn't walk from house to house, they ran. So mom and I ran (up incredibly steep driveways) to keep up with them. I can say with absolute conviction that I earned every fun-size candy bar that I stole out of their bags.












And I was going to post all of those pictures last week, but I got too busy getting ready for the trip we took this weekend! We loaded up the minivan and took the boys up to the mountains. It was the perfect weekend. The weather was gorgeous, the leaves were ablaze with color, and we had an awesome cabin with a creek right outside. The only time we left the property was to take a quick trip to the apple orchard. The boys liked it, but they were in a hurry to get back to the cabin so they could throw leaves and rocks into the creek. We had planned to do a little hiking in the nearby state park, but we couldn't pry the boys away from the water. We could barely drag them out even when their wet feet were so cold they were at risk of hypothermia!

Matt's dad came up for a little while Saturday afternoon, so we were able to get a family picture (yay!!) and the boys got to show Budda the wonders of the woods. It was so nice to have nowhere to be and nothing that we had to do. Mason said it was "the best vacation ever!" And considering that it was also the cheapest vacation ever, I was glad to hear it. A definite success, and we're already talking about how we can't wait to go next year.





 And now we're barreling towards Thanksgiving at an astonishing speed, and I can't believe we're already in the second week of November. I hadn't fully adjusted to October yet!!! Soon the cash hemorrhage known as Christmas shopping begins. Are any of you friends with the money fairy? If so, could you ask her to swing by my house???



No comments: