Saturday, November 14, 2009


Here's classy no-pants Will climbing out of the cabinet

Peek-a-boo!


Mmmmm, cottage cheese and peaches.......


Just checking in since there hasn't been too much going on. But I imagine we'll be getting busy soon. Can y'all believe there's less than two weeks until Thanksgiving? I can't wait!! That's my absolute favorite holiday. Any day that centers around food, family, and being grateful for your blessings- sign me up! Plus, I get to cook tons of food, and y'all know I like to cook. I honestly like the day before almost as much because I get to spend the whole day in the kitchen. I also love the fact that Thanksgiving sort off kicks off the Christmas season. Once the lights come on on the Rich's great tree (I know it's now Macy's, but it will always be Rich's to me!) the Christmas season is officially on. I won't put up anything Christmas-y before, but the day after, we deck the halls! Even though I haven't started decorating, I have started shopping. I went last weekend and got a good chunk of the kids' stuff done. The twins are almost done, but I have to get a few more things for Mason. I try to spread it out so it's easier money-wise. Toys are expensive!!
This week we spent most of our time in the backyard, enjoying the beautiful weather. It rained all day on Tuesday, and that made for a loooooooong day. I'm not even going to lie- I busted into the Chardonnay around 4:30. It was that or kill them, and hey, it's always 5:00 somewhere, right?

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous- sunny and mid-70's, so Matt and I took the kids to the big park in Athens. They had a ball! Mason's been before, but it's been a couple of years. This was the twins first time, and they loved it. Will went tearing off to the nearest climbing structure the minute he walked in the gates! Hays was a bit more cautious, but it didn't take him long to start exploring. The poor little guy managed to trip over something and incur a rather impressive looking head injury, but after a hug and some juice he was okay. Mason found a cute little girl to play with and they all had a great afternoon. Mason was asking when we could come back before we even left!

Sunday was haircut day for all four of my guys. Everyone was shaggy- especially Matt. So we took them to get shorn and de-mulleted. They were a handsome looking crew afterwards! My mom and I did a little shopping that afternoon and I got the most fabulous pair of red glitter ballet flats. They're so awesome, Dorothy would be jealous! They came from the little girls' department of Old Navy. What can I say, I may be grown, but I will never outgrow my love of sparkly shoes!

One other funny thing from this week is the twins' new favorite game. They love to climb into one of the kitchen cabinets that has doors that open on either side of the counter. They stick their heads out of both doors so it looks like some giant, two-headed baby monster! They also like to stick their heads out, then grab the door and pull it shut- like cabinet peek-a-boo! Crazy monkeys.


No comments: