Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mason is out of school for the next couple of weeks. That's a lot of time to fill! He's sleeping over at my parent's house tonight, so the morning should be a little calmer. He had his party at preschool on Wednesday and had lots of fun getting all sugared up on cupcakes and juice!
The boys and I had an adventure today. After a quick trip to the grocery store, we stopped by a Christmas tree lot on the way home to see how much they had marked their trees down. They had really nice one for $10, and since I have an extra tree stand, I decided why not put a tree in the playroom too? So I got the tree off my car, in the tree stand and into the playroom by myself, with a little help from Mason. It's tough to get a tree in the stand straight when your helper is three feet tall and has the attention span of a gnat! But we managed. And Matt was thrilled that he did not have to come home from work and deal with putting up another Christmas tree! Then I spent this evening making ornaments for it. I cut tons of family pictures with fancy scrapbook sissors, glued them to cardstock, and decorated them with glitter pens. It looks pretty cute. A five year old could have done it, but whatever. It's fun to look at all the pictures. I included some old ones from when Matt and I were kids, and in every single one of them, Matt's dad looks like Sonny Bono!

No comments: