Friday, December 12, 2008

Will's appointment went perfectly today. The doctor thought he looked great, and his only advice was to watch Will closely and let our pediatrician know if he started doing anything out of the ordinary. (I was kind of like, "Duh," but whatever.) One of the nurses hadn't seen Will since our last visit and didn't know that he no longer had his trach. When we told her the story of how he made the executive decision to remove it, she said "Oh my gosh, I'm getting goosebumps!" We swung by the TICU while we were there to show Will off. They were all thrilled to see him and couldn't get over how big he is.
I was dreading the trip there and back, but Will was an angel. And since our appointment took all of 15 minutes, we were on the road before traffic got bad. The downside was that we were on the road for a total of 2 1/2 hours for a fifteen minute appointment, but such is life. It certainly could have been worse.
Mason had his Christmas show at preschool this morning. He did a great job! He stood where he was supposed to, and sang the songs perfectly. No running around the stage and falling on the floor like last year! Matt's mom took him for the afternoon and he had a great time. When he came home, he gave me this little silver heart with a bell inside of it that had the word "joy" engraved on it. He said, "Mommy, this is for you because you are in my heart and I love you." We put it on my dresser so I can see it before I go to bed and right when I wake up. He told me to pick it up before I go to sleep so the bell will remind me that he loves me. How sweet and beautiful is that? Being his mother is such a blessing (most of the time!).

No comments: