Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We had such a nice day today. I'm sure it was due partly to the fact that the sun is finally shining after weeks of gray gloom. I got to have some time alone with Mason today, and that was great. I took him to get a haircut, then we met Matt at the Cracker Barrel for lunch. That's Mason's favorite restaurant because it has toys and pancakes, two of his favorite things!
This afternoon we were able to get outside for a long time since it was so warm and sunny. Since I had Bo, my wonderful nurse, to help me with the babies, I was able to spend more time with Mason pushing him the swing and playing baseball. The twins really enjoyed the afternoon outside, but all of the fresh air must have wiped them out because they were seriously tired and cranky when we came back in!
It was nice to have a relaxing day, because yesterday was work! I took down and packed away all of the Christmas decorations by myself while Matt was at work. And I didn't have a nurse yesterday, so I had to do it all with three kids underfoot. A more logical person would have waited until Matt got home to help, but I'm impatient. Once I decide that it's time for Christmas to go, it goes. I don't wait for anybody. I do this pretty much every year, and one year I'm going to videotape myself trying to wrestle the Christmas tree out the front door. I'm five feet tall and the tree is eight feet tall- but I win that fight every year!

No comments: