Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gosh, there' been so much going on this week that I have to stop and think about it for a minute! I guess we'll do a day-by-day update! Monday was pretty uneventful, but Tuesday was a big day. First of all, it was Matt's 31st birthday. It wasn't the most exciting birthday he's ever had, but he got presents and birthday pizza, so he was satisfied! The twins had physical therapy that morning and our therapist was 100% pleased with them. They're crawling and pulling up on everything in sight and she says that's perfect. We're still a ways from walking, but she said she's not the least bit concerned about that.
We met with our minister Tuesday night because we're having the kids baptized on Sunday. Matt is also being baptized and our family is joining the church. I had been explaining baptism to Mason, what would happen and that it symbolized being a child of God and being a part of our church family. So I was very proud when our minister asked him if he knew about baptism and he told her, "Yes, you'll put water on my head and it means God's love." Yay, Mason!!!!! I was not quite so proud when she and Matt were discussing whether or not he would be baptized and he told her "I don't really care one way or the other." D'oh!!! But in Matt's defense, it's not that he doesn't have faith, but he is not a fan of public displays -religious or otherwise- and he doesn't really love being the center of attention. So making a public profession of faith is so not his style. But I am proud of him for being able to put that aside so that we can join the church together as a family.
Wednesday was a fun day for me because I had a girl's night out with my friend Katie. We went to a great restaurant in downtown Athens and we spent a fun couple of hours eating delicious food and drinking wonderful wine and getting some good girl talk. I didn't feel too bad leaving the guys at home because Matt's dad came to visit and have dinner with them.
Thursday morning was quite an adventure. The twins had their 15 month check-up, so I got to drag all three kids to the pediatrician's office at 9:00 in the morning. Getting them weighed, measured and examined was quite a juggling act, and required extra hands from the nurse and the doctor!! The poor babies had to get three shots each, which was rough, but they got over it quickly.
Mason had a fun evening because he got to go to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese for his friend Lainey. I had fun too because Lainey's mom is one of my best friends! So while the kids ran around she and I and the other member of our "three martini playdate" group got to sit around and chat and enjoy the questionable white wine that Chuck E. Cheese serves. (Although you have to give them credit for serving wine and beer, no matter how crappy. That place is so crazy, they ought to give parents free booze at the door!)
Friday was the busiest day of all. Mason had two birthday parties to attend. A pool party in the morning and back to Chuck E. Cheese in the afternoon! (no wine this time- it was only 2:00) Matt's mom was wonderful- she kept the twins all day so I didn't have to drag them along on the birthday party circuit. And as if that wasn't enough, she came back that evening to keep Mason so Matt and I could go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary a couple of days early. We had a wonderful dinner and got to enjoy some child-free time.
I spent today trying to get everything ready for the baptism tomorrow- which is also our 6th anniversary! I was also trying to get the last few things that we need for Mason's birthday party next Saturday. My baby is going to be five on Thursday- unbelievable!! We're having a water party at my mom's house- slip and slide, inflatable pool, water guns, water balloons. It should be lots of fun. Unfortunately, when I dragged our inflatable pool out, I discovered that it had too many holes to be fixable, so off to Target to buy a new one. We had a small pump to inflate it, but it wasn't working too well. One of my neighbors came up with an ingenious solution, but our pump is really small, so it was taking quite a while. One of our other neighbors has a big, fancy compressor, so he brought that over and blew it up in no time flat! We have really great neighbors!
Mason and Hays and I had a fantastic time playing in the pool. We put Will in, but it was kind of cold and he didn't think much of it. So he and Daddy hung out inside while we swam like fishes! Hays LOVES the water. He was splashing and laughing and having a big old time. We stayed out there for about an hour and a half- I couldn't believe it was such a hit with that little guy. We'll let the water warm up more and try it again with Will. It would sure be a shame if he decided he didn't like to swim. That would make for a loooong summer!

No comments: