Monday, May 11, 2009

I had a lovely Mother's Day, even though I was gone most of the day! Matt and the kids gave me two very cute pairs of flip-flops from Old Navy, a beaded pair and one with sparkly, dangly things on them. Very glam and just what I wanted! I made biscuits for breakfast so we could try out our new strawberry jam, which was delicious. Then I headed up to Atlanta to help my sister and her husband move into their first house. I felt kind of bad leaving my kids on Mother's Day, but hey, I spend all day every day with them, so I think it will be okay!
I had a great time helping my mom and my sister arrange everything in the new house. It's a great house and I think they'll really enjoy it. It was a long day, but by the time I left all the furniture was arranged, almost all of the boxes were unpacked and we even had the knick-knacks out and about. The only thing we didn't do was hang the pictures because the hammer was in the toolbox back at the old apartment! But we figured out where to put them all, so as soon as they get the hammer, they'll be in business. You would never know from looking at it that it was an empty house yesterday morning! But that is my mother's great talent- she can have a house looking like you've lived there forever the day you move in. That's why I never, ever move without her help!

No comments: