Friday, September 12, 2008

Mason started taekwondo today. They offer a class at his preschool on Fridays and he really wanted to do it. He's so in to Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles, so we figured this would be a good outlet for him. He loved it. He came out showing me all of his new moves and he keeps asking me when he goes back to taekwondo. I'm glad he liked it so much, but it also makes me realize how much he's growing up. He's this whole little person with his own interests, activities, friends- a whole life outside of home. I'm proud of him but also a little wistful that he's growing up so quickly.
I was sitting in the bathroom with him tonight while he was taking a bath and he was telling me about all the kids in his class and what they do at school, and all I could do was marvel at his independence. I don't want him to grow up and away too fast, yet I am thrilled and amazed by the person he's turning into. He's funny and charming and smart and I can't wait to see what he's going to do next.

No comments: