Tuesday, September 30, 2008





We've been nurseless for the past couple of days, but it's been okay. It's kind of nice to just be here by myself with the kids. It's nice to have another adult to talk to, but it can be tiring to never have any time alone with your family. I think I'm going to cut down to having a nurse three days a week. That way I'll have help a couple of days during the week and one day on the weekend so I can get out of the house and not leave Matt totally stranded with the kids! I don't want to completely stop the nurse care because I like having Will checked out by a medical professional every couple of days just to be on the safe side. And our pediatrician probably wouldn't appreciate it if I brought him in every week!

It's hectic being by myself with three little kids and I feel like I never sit down, but the day passes quickly. There was one hard time today around 4 in the afternoon. The twins were tired and I was going to put them down for a short nap, but neither one went right off to sleep. They were both crying and I was running back and forth trying to settle them and whichever one I wasn't with was screaming his head off. That was tough. I kind of felt like running away from home at that point. But it only lasted about 20 minutes, then Will fell asleep and all was well. But, Lord have mercy, I was tired by 6:00!!! I barely had enough energy to eat dinner!

We have a nurse tomorrow and it will be nice to have another pair of hands, but I'm thinking next week we'll cut it down and see how it goes.

No comments: