Thursday, October 23, 2008







We finally have the twins in the same room! Will's been out in the playroom since he came home. At first it was because we couldn't fit all his equipment in the nursery, but then we kept him out there because they wake up at different times and we didn't want them waking each other. However, since our playroom is an addition, it's the last room on our heating and air circuit, so it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. We kept it cool this summer with a window AC unit, but now that the weather's turned cold, it's too cold for him to sleep out there. I guess we could use a space heater, but I'm scared of those things. The only other option was to buy a bigger house, and that didn't exactly fit into the budget! So the boys are now roomies. So far they've done pretty well. They don't wake each other up too much. Though Hays decided to wake up from his afternoon nap crazy early and babbled and squealed so much that he woke Will up too. But I figure they'll get used to it. Will's pulse ox monitor went off last night when his heart rate dropped a little, and it liked to scared poor Hays to death, but when it went off later, he didn't even stir.



It's been a hectic week. I haven't had a nurse at all this week, so I've barely had time to breathe, but we've been allright. Today I got some downtime when a couple of my girlfriends came over with their kids for a long-overdue "three martini playdate." (with the recession and all, it's been downgraded to a "two beer playdate," but it's still lots of fun!) Tomorrow I have a nurse, so maybe I'll get the floors swept and the laundry caught up!

No comments: