Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We have some sort of septic tank issue. What could possibly be more fun? Today I noticed a random puddle in the yard and wondered, "What the heck is that doing there?" Upon furthur inspection I discovered that it was definitely from the septic tank. We have no idea what the problem actually is, we just know we have one. So the guy is coming out tomorrow, and I'm praying that it will be something that's easy (and cheap) to fix.
On the up side, My mom, Mason and I finished painting the deck and it looks great. I also got all of my pansies and mums in their lovely fall colors planted. Now if I can just keep them alive! I have a notorious black thumb, so if they survive, I'll be lucky.
One more exciting development is that Will finally decided that he likes baby food! Even though Hays has been eating like crazy for quite a while now, Will just wasn't in to it. If you tried to feed him baby food, he'd clamp his lips shut and turn his head away. But the other night he just started eating it like he'd been doing it all along! And they LOVE the baby food I've been making for them. I have quite a stash of colorful, frozen cubes in the freezer. Yesterday I made sweet potatoes, pears, butternut squash and avocado, and this morning I made turkey. Pureeing meat is, admittedly, kind of gross- it makes a grayish paste. But tonight I mixed turkey with avocado and mango and they ate every bite!
Finally, I want to thank the lovely and talented Jessica Kirk for fancying up the blog. She is responsible for its lovely new format and I am very grateful to her!

No comments: