Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Poor Haysie has his first ear infection. He's been really fuusy for the past week or two and at first I attributed it to teething pain, but it got worse over the past couple of days. He wasn't sleeping well and he'd cry and cry whenever we put him in bed. Last night I noticed that he was tugging on his ear a little bit, so I took him to the doctor this morning. Sure enough, ear infection in the left ear. The pediatrician said it didn't look like he'd had the infection more than a couple of days, and that the fussiness over the last couple of weeks was probably caused by teething pain. Thank goodness!! I would have felt like the world's crappiest mom if my baby had been sick for two weeks and I hadn't figured it out! So now he's on Augmentin for the next ten days.
He's had a rough day today. He's barely slept and I can tell his ear's bothering him. But sweet baby that he is, he still smiled and laughed most of the day. He just didn't sleep! I'm hoping that the Augmentin will kick in soon so he can get a decent night's sleep for the first time this week. (Then Matt and I can get some sleep too!) Then we can start the Thanksgiving bake-a-thon tomorrow. I can't wait!
*Update*
I just had to add that I watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving with Mason tonight. He belly laughed the whole way through it, and it was so much fun watching it with him. He has a great sense of humor, and the cutest laugh. I think having a four year old at the holidays is wonderful. He's old enough to understand and participate, and young enough to see the joy and magic in all of it. What a blessing he is.

No comments: