Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksmas


Our tree all lit up


Our beautiful Christmas tree



Mason in the trees


Here's Budda!


The boys at the tree farm


(Almost) the whole crew



The twin convention- Mack and Frank Jones, Mckinley and Hannah Lindwall, Hays and Will




We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I spent the day befoer cooking like a mad woman. I love to cook and bake for the holidays, so I was in hog heaven. It was a little tough with three little ones underfoot, but luckily, Matt got home early and was able to look after them so I could finish everything up.
Thanksgiving day we went to my mom's to be with our huge extended family. The only dark cloud was that my grandmother hurt her back and couldn't be there, so we missed her and the few other family members who weren't with us. But it was a great day otherwise. It was funny because we had three sets of twins at Thanksgiving! Talk about twins running in the family! The kids were all well behaved, and the twins stayed in good spirits even though they didn't nap much.
Friday we celebrated "Thanksmas" which is my own holiday. It consists of eating Thanksgiving leftovers and decorating for Christmas! We went out to the tree farm with Matt's parents and got the most beautiful Fraser fir. It's huge! It's so big around that we had to rearrange the furniture to make room for it! So we decked the halls all day on Friday, and it looks lovely.
Today I did a little more Christmas shopping with my mom, and I'm almost done- hooray!!!! We had movie night tonight with Mason and we watched "Home Alone." Mason LOVED it!! He completely understood the movie and he laughed so hard at the antics of the robbers that he almost cried! It was fun watching it with him, and now he's been stalling to avoid bedtime by telling us his plans for defending the house should we ever accidentally leave him home alone!

No comments: