Saturday, February 7, 2009

I think this may be the first time I've gone an entire week without posting. There hasn't been uch going on, but really it's the lack of sleeping children that has kept me from posting! Hays is cutting his eyeteeth, and he's having a tough time. He has pretty much sworn off sleeping during the day this week, and it's been tough on all of us. One day he was so tired, he fell asleep in his high chair while I was feeding them dinner! Luckily he's still sleeping at night, so we're letting him live!
But after spending 12 hours a day with the kids with no break, all I do after they go to sleep is veg on the couch. Plus, I finally decided to read the book, Twilight, to see what all the fuss was about. I see why everybody loved it. It's not particularly well-written, but it's addictive! So for the past couple of nights, I've had my nose in a book every available second.
We started a big weekend project today. We're finally fixing up Mason's swing set! We got it right after we moved into this house summer before last. We got it from one of my parents' neighbors who's son had outgrown it. They told us if we would haul it away, we were welcome to it, so we got a big, fancy wooden playset for free. But since it was pretty old, it was in need of a few repairs. Matt and my dad replaced ladder rungs and the monkey bars, and I started staining the whole thing. Tomorrow I'm going to finish staining it, replace the rope ladder, and put the new canopy on the playhouse part. Then we should be ready for lots of outdoor fun now that the weather is finally turning warm.

No comments: