Tuesday, February 24, 2009


My latest crafty endeavor- monogrammed tote bags


My first attempt at monogramming



bags I made for my sisters



The twins and Tess





Will stuck under the couch


We are happy around our house because Hays is finally acting like himself again!!! He's been pitiful for a couple of weeks now, and I was really starting to worry. I knew he was cutting his eyeteeth and I figured it had something to do with that, but it had been so long. But today he was his sweet, happy self again and I saw that the tooth had finally come through his gum. I'm so happy to have my delightful baby back!
I have a new crafty obsession. I decided to try embroidery because I had seen some cute things an old friend of mine had made and posted on her blog. It looked relatively easy, so I decided to give it a try. To my surprise, I was pretty darn good at it. I found these plain canvas tote bags super-cheap and decided to give monograms a go. I bought an inexpensive grommet tool at Home Depot and put metal grommets in the canvas so I could run ribbon around the bags, and I think they turned out really cute. I like embroidery because it goes really quickly and I can finish a project in a couple of hours. Perfect for my ADD attention span!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Man, why do your babies keep getting stuck under the couch? Somebody should call DFACS.

Jessica said...

Did you do that by hand? Wow you have serious patients if so.