Friday, March 20, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

So, remember how I said that the kids were on the mend? Seems I spoke too soon on that one. This afternoon Mason comes in the kitchen with his hand pressed over his ear and said"Mommy, my ear hurts." Oh crap. Luckily, I was able to score a late afternoon appointment at the pediatrician's office so we could avoid yet another trip to the urgent care center this weekend. I decided to bring the twins along for good measure since Hays's eyes were still awfully oozy and I wasn't completely convinced that Will's ear infection was clearing up like it should.

Sure enough, we managed four infected ears spread among the three of them. Both of Will's ears were infected, Hays has a disgusting left ear, and Mason has a gross right ear. Augmentin all around! And of course, that leads to the inevitable round of diarrhea that comes with a very strong antibiotic, and the wretched diaper rash that accompanies diarrhea. And while I'm being completely disgusting, turns out Hays didn't have pinkeye- it was merely snot oozing out of his eyes from the hideous cold that led to said ear infection. Fun, right? But hopefully (dear God, please) we are on our way to beating this vile funk. Seriously, if augmentin doesn't fix these little crudbuckets, nothing will.

No comments: