Sunday, March 22, 2009

The kids are finally on the mend, and we have had a very productive weekend. We've been working out in the backyard, trying to get some grass planted. We have a huge fenced in backyard, but it has tons of trees and very little grass. Matt's parents were kind enough to lay down sod in part of the yard last spring, but thanks to the drought, it pretty much all bit the dust. More of it has come back than I expected, but we're still working with about 95% dirt. We chose a sunny spot down by the swingset to lay down a decent patch of grass. Matt spent the last two days tilling up the dirt with a pickaxe and a rake (we're too cheap to rent a tiller for the day), and today we put down the grass seed and covered it with wheat straw to keep the birds away. We bought grass seed that's guaranteed to grow anywhere, so we'll see if it lives up to its promise.
Even though Mason had an ear infection, he made it through the weekend with no problems. He had T-ball practice yesterday morning and he did great. I loved watching him while I froze my behind off on a metal bench at nine in the morning! He was still going strong after the twins went to bed, so we were able to have movie night. We've started making our own pizza for movie night and he LOVES helping with that. I remember making pizza with my dad when I was about his age, so I hope we're making good memories for him just like my dad did for me.
After we got him to bed after pizza and Ice Age II, Matt and I watched Twilight. I read all the books, so I was anxious to see the movie. It was AWESOME!!!!!! Rarely do I think that a movie is as good as the book, but this one totally was. (Maybe it was the fact that the books aren't particularly well written, but whatever). I can't wait for the next three movies!

1 comment:

The Fincher Family said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile, you always make me laugh! I feel for you because today we went to the dr and we have GUESS WHAT? An ear infection. With Augmentin...does it make your boys demons?

My youngest was not quite as premature as yours, we spent a few weeks in the NICU in Macon (we live in Tifton).

My blog address is www.thefincherfive.blogspot.com

Emily