Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 29- Broadway Baby

Tonight Mason met Hays for the first time! Mason can't actually go in to the NICU because he's too young, but we brought Hays up to the window. Mason waved at him and blew him kisses, and then turned around and shook his butt at his brother. Guess we better get used to such "brotherly love." We asked Mason "what was your favorite part about going to see your brother?" His answer- "drinking cherry coke in the lobby." Downright heartwarming I tell you! Will is still improving. His leg is almost back to normal and they should be able to start feeding him again tomorrow. He's been on clear fluids for about four days, so I know the little guy is hungry. My mom and I went to see him today and the funniest thing happened. There was a guy with a baby two beds down from Will- he was about the goofiest looking guy I'd ever seen, sweatpants and sandles, dorky t-shirt, the works. But the whole time he was visiting his baby (well over an hour) he sang showtunes, loudly and badly, to his baby girl. I was laughing so hard, I almost wet myself. At one point he was singing "sunrise, sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof and I whispered to my mom, "Let's start singing matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match" but she wouldn't do it. My sister had the best idea. She said when we left we should have sang "Goodbye" like they do in the party scene of The Sound of Music. I wish we had thought of that! My mom says I'm a horrible person for making fun of that guy, but I fully believe that you have to find humor wherever you can. And this guy was asking for it. I mean, come on, this is not NICU Idol!!!!

No comments: