Monday, March 31, 2008

March 31

Well, it looks like Will's surgery will most likely be Friday. Everything is looking good, but they want him to finish his course of antibiotics before they operate. He finishes Thursday, so they're tentatively planning for Friday. He looked good today. His leg is causing him some pain and that's good and bad. It's bad because obviously you don't want your baby to be in pain, but it's good because it means that he has sensation in his leg. And the doctor can finally find a pulse in his foot, so it looks like his leg is almost completely healed. I can't wait for him to get this surgery over with so we can get him home. Tonight I asked Hays' nurse to give me an estimate on how much longer he'll have to stay in the hospital, and she said two to three weeks. I really want to bring them home together, so Will has to get better soon. Hays had an eye exam today and everything looks good. He was pretty wiped out after that and spent most of the day sleeping. He woke up tonight after I gave him a bath and he did really well with his bottle. But before he finished it he got tired and pretty much passed out. It was like someone flipped a switch, one minute he was awake, the next he was fast asleep. That eating is hard work for such a little baby!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Dear Cameron,
Dear Matthew,

I was sharing your story yesterday and I was asked if any one in my family had ever been hospitalized for a serious condition before.

I told them that my brother had been and fully recovered.

"Obliviously," I said, "like father like son, I mean sons."

Regards,
J