Friday, March 28, 2008

March 28



Pictures:
Hays says "Yay, I'm wearing clothes!!!"
So darn cute!!!
Will is steadily improving. Even though it's taking a long time, his leg is looking better every day. Today Matt and I took the "divide and conquer" approach to the NICU. He went up to Egleston to see Will and I stayed home to spend some quality time with Mason. I knew I had been away too long when he woke up in the middle of the night last night and called out for his daddy and his grandfather, but not mommy. So we had a fun afternoon at the park and he was happy to get some mommy time. I also needed to get up to St. Mary's twice today to work on breastfeeding with Hays. It's time for him to learn how to really do it instead of just practicing. He did really well, and I was very proud of him. He's going to start getting bottles during the day when he's awake and alert at feeding time instead of just being fed through his tube. And he can finally wear clothes!!! I got to dress him for the first time today, and he was incredibly cute. He wore a little long sleeved blue onesie with a train on it. It was a little big on him, but he looked adorable. I love the fact that he's finally becoming just a regular baby instead of this tiny, fragile little preemie. Now if we can just get Will better so he can do the same thing, we'll have them home before we know it.

No comments: