Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


Mason's Easter basket


Another chocolate bunny!



The twins and their penguin


Easter morning



What a handsome guy!














Aunt Bea and Hays





Sweet Will in the grass




We had a really great Easter. Mason was thrilled with the contents of hid Easter basket and the twins really liked their little penguin bop bag (they didn't have Easter baskets since they're too little for candy!) We didn't make it to church since we're not quite ready to put the twins in the cesspool of germs that is the church nursery, and they're far too noisy to stay in the sanctuary. We're going to make it back in the next few weeks though. I have truly missed it, but I think God understands. He doesn't want the babies sick either!
We had a fun Easter picnic this afternoon out at the park. My parents used to have a picnic with their friends every Easter back when we lived in Conyers, so my mom decided to resurrect the tradition this year. We had several families that we've known for years come out to picnic with us and it was great to see everybody. They all have beautiful daughters that are about to graduate from high school. That seems impossible and makes me feel incredibly old because I've known these girls since they were four! Where does the time go?
My sister hid eggs that my mom and I had filled with change so Mason could hunt eggs. And let me tell you, that kid racked up! He came away with over $11 in change!! My mom was going to fill them with candy, but I begged her not to. Between the egg hunt in her neighborhood and the basketful of candy compliments of the bunny, we are up to our eyeballs in candy. I said he would just have fun looking for eggs- they didn't need to be filled with anything. But my mom insisted that that would be no fun at all, so we compromised on change! He was very excited about his haul and wanted to go to Target immediately to buy more legos. (Oh God, no more legos!!!!!)
The twins had a good time as well. Will took a particular shine to one of the girls, but that's okay because she's a doll. At least he has good taste in ladies! One bad thing about picnics with babies is trying to eat while they're swarming you trying to steal food off your plate!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

"Oh God, more legos!"--Cracks me up! I say the same thing at our house. Along with, "please don't fill every egg with candy". Unfortunately my mother doesn't listen and we are drowning in Skittles. :) Love the blog! Your boys are just adorable.