Friday, April 17, 2009

Take me out to the ball game


Daddy and Hays watching the game


Mason's biggest fans!









The highlight of our week was Mason's t-ball game. (This time I was aware that it was a game and sent him in uniform!) He was supposed to play Monday night, but once again, it rained. They rescheduled the game for Wednesday and it was a perfect sunny evening. Mason had quite a cheering section. Not only were Matt and I there with the twins, we also had my parents and my sister, Paige, and my aunt and uncle. Mason was first up at bat, and we cheered so loud for him that we scared the babies half to death!

They don't keep score or tag anyone out in t-ball, so it's hard to say who won, but they sure were cute. Anytime someone hit the ball, they all ran for it in a big old pack! There was a lot of tripping over each other, playing in the dirt (at one point Mason was lying on his back in the dirt, waving his legs in the air) and sliding for the sheer joy of sliding, but they all had fun. I may never get the red mud out of his white baseball pants due to the aforementioned sliding. Who in their right mind chooses white pants for little kids playing baseball in Georgia clay? I am convinced it was a man, cause no mama who has to do the laundry would ever do that. Heck, we'd have them playing in black pants if it were up to the mamas!

The twins have had a good week. Will has learned how to pull up on his knees in his crib, so now it takes forever for them to go to sleep. They're up in their cribs peeking over the railing at each other and just babbling and playing for entirely too long. But it's awfully cute to see them grinning at me when I come in to get them up.

No comments: