Monday, April 6, 2009


Mason being sweet and Will looking angelic!


Hays studying his jungle bird



Getting ready to dye eggs












Mason was sure he could do it himself.
Amazingly, all the eggs survived!


Not exactly what we planned, but still cute





Will gnawing on a tasty foam letter






Hays was heading to his room!


We had a pleasant but uneventful weekend. Matt's dad came Saturday to help haul off some giant limbs that came down in the snowstorm, and Matt worked in the yard all Sunday to get the side yard looking snazzy. Our grass that we planted a few weeks ago is coming up nicely, so things are coming along. I bought a big packet of wildflower seeds that I want to try to plant next weekend. I have a black thumb, so we'll see how that turns out!

Hays is crawling up a storm, and Will is not far behind. He can crawl a few feet, then he collapses and just pulls himself forward! But he has learned to get into a sitting position all by himself, so we're really proud of him! They're both a little puny right now. They both appear to be cutting teeth- judging by the awe-inspiring amounts of drool they are producing, and I think all the pollen in the air is bothering them. Their noses are dripping a pretty good bit, so my house is covered in drool and snot. Fun, right?

While Matt was busy beautifying the yard (or making it slightly more presentable as the case may be) Mason and I had our own project going. We spent a crazy amount of time working on our Easter eggs! I decided to use blown eggshells this year instead of just hard boiling the eggs. I always think it's a shame to spend all that time coloring eggs just to stick them back in the fridge and make egg salad! So this year I decided to do something that we could actually display. I had to look up instructions for blowing out eggs on the internet because I've only done it once before when I was like, eight. It's not hard to do, but it does take a while. I discovered that a baby booger-sucker nose syringe thing is perfect for blowing out the egg goo. But you can't do it too hard or you'll explode the egg!! After I got the eggs ready, we used a paper punch to make flower cutouts out of painter's tape. According to Martha Stewart you would have perfect white flowers on your eggs after you dyed them and removed the tape. Well, Martha was WRONG!!!! The dye seeped under the tape and we got white blobby things instead of flowers. So we just left the tape on since it was cute! In retrospect, I probably would have just left the tape on the plain white eggs because the blue and white design looked really cute. But Mason had a ball dyeing the eggs, and what would Easter bee without egg dye and purple fingers?

No comments: