Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I didn't post last night because I was watching a hilariously bad movie rendition of Anee Rivers Siddons "The House Next Door." It was so awful that I could not tear myself away! Hays went to the doctor for a checkup yesterday and he weighs 7 pounds!!! He's also 20 inches long, which means he's grown 4 inches since birth. Of course, he's still not even registering on the growth charts. But nontheless, he's growing like a weed. The poor little guy had to get two shots, so he slept most of the day after that. He was supposed to get four shots, but the doctor thought he was just too small to tolerate that well. But everything looks good. The doctor was pleased with his head control, smiling, cooing, reaching, etc. They gave me a sheet about what 2-4 month old babies should be able to do. One of them was "sleep 5-6 hours at a stretch at night." Ha! The most we've seen is four. I showed the sheet to Hays, but I don't think it worked!
Will had an okay day. Not quite as good as the day before, but much better than the day before that. He had to come off his CPAP trial early and he only did a couple of bottle feeds. The doctors think that they might be pushing him too hard and causing him to backslide a little. They're going to slow things down a bit. It's better to progress more slowly than to rush things and wind up going backwards.

No comments: