Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Will looked really good today. He was the sweetest thing i have ever seen today. When I came in, he was asleep. But I started talking to him and he woke up and smiled at me! He did it over and over, every time he looked at me. It was awesome! He has the cutest smile, and knowing that he knows me is the best feeling. Well, really he knows my voice from listening to the tape recorder all the time. But I couldn't care less how he knows me, as long as he does!
His doctor has decided to reduce his bottle feedings to once a day. He hasn't been gaining weight because he's expending too much energy somewhere. They're not sure where, so they're starting with the bottle feeds. He's taking a very small amount, but it still kind of wipes him out. Plus, he sometimes gets upset and we found put that some of the nurses are letting the feedings go on too long which uses more calories than he's getting. They'll do one feed for a couple of days, then start increasing them. We don't want to push him too hard and have him go backwards, so we're taking all his new challenges, bottle feeding, trach collar, etc, slowly.
Hays is doing well. He slept a five hour stretch after his crying jag last night, so that was kind of nice! Hopefully he'll let us sleep tonight. Tomorrow is Mason's birthday and I went to be well rested!

No comments: