Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's been a couple of days since I posted. I didn't really have anything to report on Thursday and last night I had another girl's night. Two Fridays in a row- look out!! Last night I went out with Zach's mom and a couple of the NICU nurses. We had a great time and stayed out ridiculously late. That is a fun bunch of girls!
I had to give up on the absurdly expensive formula for Hays. It was upsetting his stomach way too much. His doctor said to swith him to the other brand of this formula and give him karo syrup twice a day to keep him from getting constipated. I'm not convinced that he really has a milk allergy and needs this formula, so for now he's back on breastmilk. If he seems to be having trouble with it, then I'll try the doctor's plan, but so far he's fine.
Will's doing fine. They are doing the pH probe on him to check his reflux. They have to put a tube like his NG tube down his nose and esophagus to see how bad the reflux is. My mom was down there with him yesterday and she said he really didn't seem to mind it too much. I was concerned that he would have really bad reflux since they took him off all his reflux meds for this test, but he's been dong fine. Hopefully he'll be able to avoid the stomach wrap procedure.

No comments: