Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Perhaps y'all have figured out by now that I'm kind of crafty, in a very amateurish way! This is my latest little project. I found the sign at TJ Maxx, and I loved what it said, but it had some stupid, tacky wreath with a cheesy wooden heart on it that I hated. I was going to let it pass by, but I was just really drawn to it. Upon further inspection, I realized that I could take the ugly decoration off and do my own thing, so I bought it. I printed a black and white picture of the boys and edged it in black grosgrain ribbon, then used the same ribbon to hang it. I think it turned out pretty cute, but I really like having a constant reminder to give thanks for all of the blessings we have been given.
I had a blessed moment this afternoon. I was in the kitchen with the boys. Mason was eating a snack, the twins were playing in their highchairs, and I was folding laundry. There was nothing particularly interesting or unusual about the moment. If anything, it was its sheer ordinary-ness that made it stand out. But I just felt so blessed and happy to be this mother, folding clean laundry in a cozy kitchen surrounded by her sweet, happy children. In that moment there was nowhere and no one else I would rather be. So if you haven't already, take a minute to remember how blessed you are, and to be thankful for the moments in your life when you feel exteremely lucky and fulfilled.

No comments: