Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We're boring again. Hays has a cold. Actually, he's had a cold for over a week now, but it seems like it's gotten worse over the past few days. He hasn't wanted to eat the last couple of days, so I took him to the doctor today. He's got a yucky cold, but that's about it. We did get a little scare when the nurse was checking his vital signs. She checked his oxygen sats and it came up 87- which is like go to the hospital dangerous! I wasn't too worried because I know what a kid looks like at 87, slightly blue-ish, and Hays was pink and breathing fine. But the doctor kind of freaked out for a second there when she saw the numbers. Turns out the nurse had used an adult-sized monitor, and it didn't work properly on tiny baby fingers!
I watched a good bit of the inauguration coverage today, and I was glad that I got to see the swearing in while I was sitting at the doctor with Hays. I hope we're at the beginning of some great changes. I believe that Barack Obama is a good man, and I'm saying my prayers that he will be the kind of leader our country needs. I'm happy that I was a witness to a campaign, election and inauguration that made people truly excited and filled with hope. So, happy Obama day, everyone. Here's hoping that the next four years will be good ones.

No comments: