Saturday, January 10, 2009

We finally got some excitement around here! I had run out to Toys R Us to buy a bath seat for the babies. We had been using this cradle seat thing, but they had outgrown it and needed something for bigger kids. On my way home, I passed by a furniture store that was having a big tent sale. I've been wanting new furniture for the den for a while. I had tried slipcovering our old couch and chair, but the slipcovers weren't holding up very well, and I was sick to death of constantly adjusting them and tucking them back in. So I decided to stop and take a look around to see if I could find any killer deals.
Well, it must have been my lucky day, because I found a dark brown sofa and chair marked waaay down. The sofa was on sale for $450 and the chair was $350. And it's good furniture! It's sturdy and well made, and the upholstery looks like it can withstand daily assaults from the kids. I knew it was unlikely that we'd be able to refurnish the den for $800 at any other time, so I called Matt. His response was "buy it today." Awesome!!! But I have to admit, buying furniture without getting a second opinion from anyone is a daunting task. So I called my style guru- my mom. She wasn't busy at the moment, so she came down to the store to check it out. She thought it looked good and looked like it would hold up well, so I was sold.
Luckily, Matt's dad was visiting today and he has a truck, so he and Matt went and picked it up, and we now have a beautifully furnished den! And Matt really liked the furniture, thank goodness. I was a little nervous buying it without him seeing it first, because if he didn't like it I'd have to listen to him complain for the next several years!

No comments: