Sunday, August 17, 2008




Tomorrow is Mason's first day of preschool! We spent today getting ready. I had gotten him a little back to school present that consisted of the blue Power Ranger he's been begging for, a math workbook, and paints. He was thrilled with all of them. He's been big into the workbooks lately. Every night after dinner, he wants to do "homework" which means doing a couple of pages in his workbooks. Guess I'd better enjoy that while it lasts!
We baked chocolate chip cookies for his teachers, then he helped his daddy wash the cars. After that I went to run a couple of errands, whereupon I discovered the fabulousness that is Steve and Barry's. I'd never been there before, and if you don't have one in your town you might not know that it's a store that sells cool, decent quality clothes and shoes for $8.89 or less. It's awesome!!! I bought myself two pairs of shoes and a sweater and I got Matt a pair of shoes, two pairs of jeans and four button down shirts for less than a hundred bucks. That totally rocks my frugal little world!!! While I was returning something to Target, I found Batman pajamas (complete with a cape) for my little superhero. He was sooo excited. I had to wash them right away so he could wear them all afternoon!
While we were waiting for the Batman pajamas to be washed and dried, I took Mason to get a haircut. Someone that works at the salon had found a baby bird a couple of weeks ago and has been caring for it at the salon. So Mason and I got to see this cute little baby bird, Peep. He was just getting his feathers and he was the cutest little thing. He has really taken to his adoptive "mom" and was sitting on her head when we left!
Everybody keep your fingers crossed that Mason has a great day at school tomorrow (And that he doesn't insist on wearing his Batman mask and/or pajamas to school!).

No comments: