Sunday, August 31, 2008

Will Took His Trach Out Today

I woke up this morning to find that Will had apparently removed his trach, and when I tried to put the trach back in, I felt some resistance, so I tried with a smaller trach tube, and still couldn't manage to get the tube in!!! I called "Nurse Cameron," and she had no luck either. Cameron immediately called 911, and an ambulance was dispatched to our house.

During this whole entire fiasco, Will's oxygen saturation levels never came out of the high 90's, and during the ambulance ride to St. Mary's, the levels still stayed the same. The Doctors at St. Mary's tried the same thing the Cameron and myself tried to do, and came out with the same results. Their conclusion was that the stoma (hole in his neck) had sealed closed, and still saturation levels remained in the high 90's.

We decided to have St. Mary's transport Will to Egleston, so his team of Doctors could run some tests and observe him overnight.

Well, it is now 10:42pm. and the trach has been out for about 20 hours. Will's saturation levels are still in the high 90's, 98-100 to be exact, and is sleeping well. We will find out tomorrow when the Doctors will do a Bronchoscopy and a sleep study. Hopefully those two tests will go well, and Will will be a baby with no accessories!!

-Matt



Happy Will

Serious Will

1 comment:

Jessica said...

guys lets us know if you need any extra hands, I know we ,missed you last week Cameron but if you need me just let me know you know hoe to get me