Friday, August 15, 2008

Well, we have had an exciting couple of days. Yesterday I gave Hays rice cereal for the first time, and his reaction was priceless! He screamed and his face turned so red it was almost purple. You would have thought I was feeding him burning lava or something! He was just horrified by it. I have video, and if I can get Matt to upload it for me, I'll post it. Even though he cried through most of the feeding, he finished the whole bowl of cereal, then slept through the night. Woohoo!!!!! I guess that nice full belly helped him sleep really well. He didn't protest as violently when I fed it to him tonight, but he wasn't too happy with it either.
Mason had a fun day today. We went to open house at preschool and met his teachers and saw his classroom. He has not been excited about going back to school, and he was not looking forward to today. But once he got in there and saw all the cool toys and met his sweet teachers, he felt better about starting a new year. After open house we went to Chick-Fil-A for a playdate with some of his friends from last year. His best buddy, Bo, was there and they played hard. His utterly adorable little "girlfriend," Hannah, was there too. And she brought Mason a picture she had colored for him of Alladin and Jasmine, above which she had written "Mason and Hannah." She also gave him a heart she had cut out of red paper. How cute is that? I'm not so sure about this girlfriend stuff, but if he's got to have one, Hannah is darn cute!

No comments: