Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 13


Mommy and Will!!!!!!


Today was a happy day since I finally got to hold my big ol' sweet boy! Will was soooo cute. He was wide awake, and I think he really enjoyed the change of scenery. He liked being held, and I know that poor thing had to be glad to get out of the bed. The best part is that his nurse said I should be able to hold him every day until his surgery. Of course, that will likely happen Tuesday or Wednesday, but after he's healed from that (about a week) I'll be able to hold him anytime! Yay!!! And let me tell you, that is one solid little boy. I know he only weighs five pounds, but after holding him for an hour my arm was completely asleep! I had to go buy him some new clothes today because he needs short sleeved, snap-front onesies. Those are surprisingly hard to find! They have to snap in front because he can't wear things that go over his head because of his vent tube. Luckily good old Wal-Mart had a nice selection of them for only $2.88 apiece, so I bought them all. Got to love the Wally-world!!
Hays is doing well with his bottle feeding, but he still needs to step it up. Sometimes he gets too tired to finish the whole thing, so he's got to increase his stamina. If he wants to come home, he's got to get that eating thing down. Oh, exciting news, Hays finally hit four pounds tonight!!!! Yay for our big, strong boy!!!!
On a sad note, our little buddy Zach is back in the NICU. We're not sure how long he's going to be there, but our hearts go out to his sweet family. When you're saying your wonderful prayers for my guys, please add Zach in there so he can get back home quickly.

No comments: