Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 20


Awww, Will loves his Aunt Ninny


High five!


Will with Aunt Ninny



Today I went to Zach's visitation, so I didn't make it up to Egleston. Luckily, Aunt Ninny was there to hold him and give him lots of snuggles. She'll do the same tomorrow since Matt and I will be attending Zach's funeral. According to his nurse, Will did great while Elizabeth was holding him. He didn't turn blue or anything! She was a champ and I was proud of her for not being scared to hold him. It can be a little terrifying since they have to tape all his vent tubes to you so he doesn't accidentally extubate himself. She held him for a long time, and I'm grateful to her for making sure that he got lots of loving since I couldn't be there. Hays was good for his visit with his Daddy this morning and with me tonight. Took his whole bottle both times with no problem. His temperature was little low tonight. He's got to get some fat on him so he can stay warm! We need to bulk up the breastmilk so he can grow. Maybe if I eat more cheeseburgers and frenchfries?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My heart is breaking for little Zach and his family. I am amazed by how quickly his condition deteriorated-a sad reality of the NICU experience. It was hard to feel joy in my girls' progress when we were surrounded by such saddness.

I think about your family often, and I am happy to hear how well your boys are doing.

~Malie