Monday, April 28, 2008

Two out of three ain't bad!!!!




Hays is home!!!! He's a pretty good baby. He's got a little bit of colic, but he settles down when he's held. And he loves his swing. He was awake for quite a while this afternoon, and he really liked sitting in his swing, watching the fish mobile go around and around.
Mason is crazy about his baby brother. Every time Hays would make sound, he'd rush over to the bassinette to see if his brother was okay! He also really likes being a big helper by bringing me diapers, pacifiers, etc. We'll see how long it lasts!
Even our dog likes the baby. She's been guarding him all day! At one point the cat looked like she was thinking about jumping in the bassinette, so Tess got between the cat and the baby to protect him. Good dog!
Will is still doing well. They've dowgraded him from morphine to tylenol, and he seems to being doing fine on it. He did manage to pull out one of the sutures holding his trach in, but he's okay. He's doing well on CPAP, and soon he should just be on the ventilator at night.
It was weird not going up to the NICU tonight. It was nice to be able to stay home, but I miss all of our nurses. They are all so wonderful and have really become like part of the family. I told his main nurse that I was going to kidnap her and bring her home with me! That is truly the best group of girls I have ever met, and I'm sorry I won't get to hang out with them on a daily basis anymore.

1 comment:

Mellowmeli said...

Welcome home Hays!!!!!