Friday, April 4, 2008

The surgery went well!!!!!!!

Will's surgery went great!!!! There were absolutely no complications and his esophogus looks good. WE won't know for sure if his airways are strong enough to stay open until they try to extubate him in a few days, but things look good. His vent tube has had to be really low in order for him to breathe comfortably and a few hours after the surgry they were able to move it up to a normal position and he was breathing fine, so that's another good sign. He really looks good and he's resting comfortably so we're thrilled. We were so lucky to have the most wonderful group supporting us at the hospital. My parents were there along with our minister, my sister's mother-in-law, and one of my oldest and dearest friend's dad! It was an eclectic group, but having them there made the time pass so quickly and kept us from being nervous and afraid. One good thing that has come out of this is that Matt and I have been shown how many people love and support our family. We have had so many people do so many wonderful things for us, and even though I'm way behind on my thank-you notes, I want everyone to know how grateful we are for your support and prayers. My family is incredibly lucky to be embraced by so many wonderful people. Another exciting thing is that Hays came out of his isolette into a regular crib!!! Unfortunately I haven't seen his new digs because I'm kind of under the weather and running a bit of a fever. (How's that for great timing?) So now I need you guys to send me some good vibes to get better quickly because mommy can't go down!! I have to be strong and healthy so I can run around and take care of all these little monkeys!

1 comment:

Lisah said...

I'm so glad to hear that surgery went well!
Lisah+4