Friday, April 25, 2008

April 24

Big, exciting news!!!!! Hays is coming home on Saturday!!!!! We are so excited (and a little terrified). He's finally gotten all of his temperature stuff worked out, he's eating (and breastfeeding) like a champ, so he's ready to come home. It's about time- his actual due date is tomorrow. He's probably going to come home on an apnea monitor, but I couldn't care less, I'm just ready to have him home! I realized today that we had no baby toys, so Mason and I went out and got him a little activity mat and some cute little rattley things, so he's set.
Will is doing well today. They took him off the medication that paralyzes him so he could wake up some and start breathing on his own. They've been able to lower his vent settings, so that's a good thing. My sister went to see him today and she said he looks really good. Matt and I stayed home since we spent about 12 hours up there yesterday. Three hours is a long way to go to stare at a sleeping baby, so we let Aunt Ninny be our eyes and ears! We're going up tomorrow and I can't wait to see him. I'm ready for him to wake up good so we can see how he takes to this whole trach thing, but it will be a week or so before they really let him wake up a lot and move around.
Everybody think good thoughts for Will and say your prayers for our family as we finally get our sweet little Hays home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's WONDERFUL to hear that Hays is headed home! Both of my girls are on apnea monitors, which are only a minor inconvenience in my opinion (although we had to evacuate my building today and it was very hard to carry the babies and the monitors down nine flights of stairs!). I hope to read about Will's homecoming very soon. Congratulations! This is such exciting news!

~Malie