Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17

I got some good snuggle time with Will today. It's tough to see him so sedated- he sleeps most of the time- but that's what they have to do to keep from getting agitated and extubating himself. Thank goodness he'llbe done with that soon. I found a message board today for parents of kids with trachs and the other parents were really encoraging. It's not going to be easy, but I know we can get through this.
My grandmother came in to town today to see the boys. She hasn't seen them since right after they were born, so she was very excited to see Hays. She and my aunt were amazed at how much he had grown and how cute he is! Nonnie thinks he looks just like Matt. I am amazed at how much they resemble Mason. I put a picture of Will next to one of Mason at a month old, and I swear they look exactly alike. Good thing Mason's so cute if the other two are going to look exactly like him!
We have sad news about our buddy, Zach. He has pneumonia and his oxygen levels have been so low that it would cause severe brain damage. They are going to have to disconnect him from life support in a couple of days. Our hearts are breaking for his wonderful parents and his sweet big sister. Please pray for comfort for them. They are such an amazing family and we are so sad that they have to go through this. I wish we could offer them more than prayers, but words and actions fail me.

No comments: