Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another one bites the dust

The plague has claimed another victim. Our nurse, Debi, joined the ranks of the fallen. So I was nurseless again today. Luckily I had my sister in the morning and my mom in the afternoon, so we made it through the day unscathed. And I'm finally feeling pretty much back to normal, so that helped. Matt's mom is staying with Will tonight, and I'm sure that will help us both get a good night's sleep. She's a nurse, so we feel confidant that he's in good hands!
Poor Hays has been kind of under the weather as well. i don't think he has a full blown virus, but he's been blowing out diapers left and right, and I can tell his tummy is hurting. Poor little guy. Now the question is, can Will remain untouched by the virus of doom??????
We're still working on getting a night nurse, but we found out it will take at least a month before we get word on that. Government red tape- it's so much fun. We're trying to rearrange our hours in the meantime, but we don't know if we're going to be able to do that either. The hitch there is the way the order for nursing care is written. It's written as 12 hours a day rather than 84 hours a week. If it were broken down by week, we could distribute it any way we wanted to, but that may not be the case with the current orders. More government red tape. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: